VB.NET BACKEND DEVELOPER
51-200 employees · IT Services and IT Consulting
About the job
ATCORE is the leading international supplier of technology solutions specialising in software and services for the leisure travel sector. With our market-leading reservation and distribution platform, we empower travel businesses to meet the needs of travellers all through our suite of bespoke solutions - tailored to our clients’ needs.
From large vertically integrated groups to smaller specialist operators, our customers enjoy a variety of service offerings, ranging from applications support to the access of fully crewed data centres available 24x7. To ensure business continuity, we undertake several projects with our clients, which typically involves implementing our ATCOM software - operated on the Oracle platform - using mainstream hardware platforms such as IBM and Lenovo.
Join in the creation of technologies that impact millions of travellers in a multi-trillion dollar industry. Be part of a highly motivated family and grow your career with the guidance of exceptional leadership.
We have an exciting opportunity for a capable and confident VB.Net Backend Developer to join our Technical Solutions Design team. Currently a small but strong team, focused on delivering solutions - this can include a degree of customisation of specific requirements together with configuration and parameterisation during the implementation process. We are looking for candidates who are inspired to challenge the norm and help us evolve the customer journey.
What we are looking for:
Joining the Technical Solutions Team as a confident Developer, you will be accountable for working closely with internal teams to deliver technical solutions according to development plans and quality standards. You will be responsible for skilfully producing software to the QMS consistent with customer satisfaction, analyse root cause of field issues and internally generated bugs, as well as inhouse applications development. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in developing complex systems and enhancing your skills in a fast-paced environment.
The duties & responsibilities of this role:
- With rapid adaptation & understanding of existing applications and technical environment, gain in-depth technical knowledge of ATCORE systems
- Work with internal and sub-contractor teams to ensure clear communication of technical issues
- Investigate and manage technical issues accurately
- Implement toolkits and APIs for purposes such as integration, performance optimisation, security and scalability
- Participate in software development lifecycle activities to deliver and validate new features and fixes according to required timescales and risks
- Proactively investigate, implement solutions and bug fixes in cooperation with development management and other internal teams
- Take ownership and responsibility of components and processes within the team to make tactical and strategic changes
- Proactively manage development risks and issues in cooperation with management team
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in technical roles within software development organisations
- High standard of programming in .net development technologies, using vb.net
- Solid understanding of IIS, ASP, Webservices, XML, XSLT, JSON, with a willingness to pick up and learn new languages and technologies as needed
- Solid experience in consuming external webservices/APIs
- Solid experience in building and deploying large scale secure RESTful APIs
- Understanding/experience of distributed memory stores (redis) and cloud implementations (AWS).
- A solid understanding of browser capabilities
- A full appreciation of configuration management & issue tracking management issues and systems
- Understanding of/some experience of mvc.net
It would be great if you would have some of the following:
- Programming experience in .net code & configuration optimisation, performance tuning, security and scalability
- Continuous integration (TeamCity) & source control management (SVN)
- Use of terminal scripting languages such as batch or Powershell (Powershell and Powershell Core)
- Web services development
- Programming in Oracle SQL & PL/SQL, or Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience within travel reservations & tour operating systems to identify and provide appropriate technical solutions
- An appreciation for or experience in software or systems testing
You will need to possess the following behaviours:
- Excellent diagnostic and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Quality focused and results driven
- Ability to work well under pressure and autonomously
- Determination to find and deliver the right solutions
- Demonstrably strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self-starter with a positive can-do attitude
Why join ATCORE:
We have adopted a hybrid model, where full-time employees are only required to come into the office twice a week. However, during the onboarding phase we would require you to come to the office on a daily basis.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of additional benefits, including employer matched contributory pension scheme, business and personal travel insurance, healthcare schemes, life insurance, and many more.
We carefully recruit, retain and develop our most talented personnel and, as a result, have a uniquely low level of employee turnover of around 5%. Half of our employees have been with the company for 10 years or more, a level of longevity very rare in the technology sector.
Based in Slough, UK, with offices in North London, Sussex and Cardiff, we are 250 employees strong and hire people with an unparalleled combination of industry and technical expertise.
Join in the creation of technologies that impact millions of travellers in a multi-trillion dollar industry. Be part of a highly motivated family and grow your career with the guidance of strong leadership.
- Please note that this role requires full-time office presence during probation. After successful onboarding, you will switch to a hybrid work model.
12% Off All Orders Hansen’s has everything you need to keep you looking and feeling coastal cool.
12% Off All Orders Hansen's is one of the oldest and largest surf shops in Southern California. With over 55 years doing business in Encinitas CA we have one of the most recognized names in surf retai
Limited Edition UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer in Matte Black 40% Off + 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Happy New Year Sale! Lowest Prices Ever! Use code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout for 7 FREE Gifts with purchase of a water ionizer. Shop Now!
38% Off Tyent's ACE-13 Above-Counter Extreme Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
35% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS (in Satin Silver) Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
34% Off Tyent's H2 Hybrid Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
33% Off Tyent's EDGE-9 Turbo Water Ionizer - Lowest Price Ever! Plus, 7 FREE Gifts with code: HAPPYTIMES at checkout. Shop Now!
Up to 33% Off Tyent's NEW UCE-13 PLUS Water Ionizer + 7 FREE Gifts with code: PRESIDENT22 at checkout. Shop Now!