Kounteq is a fintech company that has successfully built an agency business specialising in helping SMEs adopt, implement and integrate (SaaS) business apps. We are a Crown Commercial Supplier that harnesses the cloud to provide accounting and financial technology solutions using an ecosystem of apps.
We are looking for a Software Developer who will be responsible for the research, design, development & support across distributed systems and implementing testable and scalable code. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing high-quality applications. Sound knowledge of secure coding best practices is essential in this role. We expect you to be able to meet deadlines and multi-task between priorities, with excellent communication and problem solving skills. If you are a confident and flexible self-starter, capable of operating in a dynamic environment and want to work within a startup, we’d like to meet you.
- Research, Design & Develop secure & high performance systems & services based on the business requirements.
- Integrate systems & services across distributed systems and services.
- Manage deployment of the systems & services to the development, test and production environments.
- Design highly scalable, testable code
- Discover and fix programming bugs
- Develop test cases for the systems & services based on the business requirement.
- Test and deploy upgrades, updates and patches.
- Respond to end user requests for technical support.
- Perform on-site and remote support & maintain support record.
- Provides emergency on-call support.
- Provide root cause analysis of customer issues.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- On or completed one of the relevant software development training courses or 2-3 years experience in Google Apps Script development.
- Capable of working on both front-end and back-end.
- Strong understanding or experience working with JSON, XML and Google Sheets.
- Strong understanding or experience integrating cloud/web based apps through APIs.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful web services and APIs.
- Strong knowledge of OAuth 2.0 authorisation protocol.
- Familiar with secure coding best practices.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Aware of current industry developments and best practices.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing and communication skills, and an attention to detail.
- Extremely well organised and able to prioritise business needs effectively.
- Confident and flexible self-starter, capable of operating in a dynamic environment.
- An unwavering desire for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Most importantly, the candidate should have a passion for start-ups, the business and this role.