1,001-5,000 employees · IT Services and IT Consulting
About the job
Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
As a Senior iOS Developer at Global Relay, you’ll be using leading edge technologies to build pioneering products that are used by tens of thousands of users globally to solve real-world business problems. You also get to tackle interesting and engaging problems to do with user experience and in interface design. At Global Relay we are continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile application development.
This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best Mobile developers and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams of developers and testers. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you’ll fit in around here.
- Work as part of an agile development team to implement mobile applications for iOS devices to deliver enterprise services
- Write automated unit and integration tests for your code
- Design, in collaboration with other developers, product management and the user experience team, user interfaces and software implementations that satisfy business requirements
- Work closely with architecture and Android teams to design a technical architecture that delivers features and satisfies business requirements
- Collaborate with other developers and SDETs (Software Development Engineers in Test) working on different layers of the infrastructure
- Work with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor stability and ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the app
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD pipeline
- Analyze current state of the codebase, propose architectural and technological improvements, automate processes and scale the iOS team
- Constantly learn, improve on your skills, share knowledge and adapt to industry-wide best practices, processes and conventions
- Minimum 5+ years of experience building native applications for iOS devices with Swift
- Excellent problem solving skills and a love for technical challenges
- Understanding of the principles of computer science
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented application design and development, Cocoa Touch design patterns, algorithm design
- Strong architectural knowledge (eg MVVM, SOLID principles, TCA, reactive programming) and passionate about writing clean, modular and testable code
- Deep understanding of UIKit, Foundation, GCD, Swift concurrency models
- Experience building high-performance, dynamic UI programmatically using autolayout
- Experience with dependency injection
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Ability to weigh and communicate the pros and cons of different technical approaches and work independently
- Ability to provide insight into iOS development best practices and support decisions around framework and tool choices
- A strong sense of ownership in your work and a hunger to build something remarkable
- Focus on customer outcomes and making data-informed decisions
- A positive mindset, being proactive and a team player
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Combine, Core Animation
- Contributions to open source projects
- Have one or more apps published in the App Store
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Knowledge of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and platform conventions
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.