5,001-10,000 employees · Software Development
About the job
Mavenir is building the future of networks and pioneering advanced technology, focusing on the vision of a single, software-based automated network that runs on any cloud. As the industry's only end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider, Mavenir is transforming the way the world connects, accelerating software network transformation for 250+ Communications Service Providers in over 120 countries, which serve more than 50% of the world’s subscribers.
Mavenir is busy developing in house and with 3rd parties a portfolio of radios to support our award winning ORAN software solutions. To maintain the current growth we need a lead architect, this will be a key role and the candidate selected will be in a strong position to influence the technical direction of radio development within Mavenir.
As Lead Architect – Radio Products you will join the Radio Unit team and will be responsible for high-end OpenRAN 5G radio HW architecture and technical analysis.
- Lead Architect for the radio solution which will be used by R&D team to implement and develop the product.
- Define the overall architecture, internal and external interfaces, and detailed functional description of the radio to optimize performance, product, and manufacturability
- Perform technical evaluations of major system enhancements and major new customer requirements
- Create detailed system level functional requirements and specifications; author hardware architecture document, and ensure complete traceability of specifications to test results.
- Champion focused teams to provide root cause analysis and design solutions to the most difficult radio problems.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and market disruption.
- Provide active support and guidance for program management
- Provide support for PLM and pre-sales in RFI/RFQ cases
- Provide system level technical support in customer meetings
- Work closely with engineering and QA teams to drive the timely and quality release of new products and features
- Create requirement specification for production test systems
- Approve test plans and test reports
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior members of the team
- Proven track record from 5G or 4G radio program lead architect / chief engineer role
- Possess sound understanding of essential elements of Systems engineering including how to convey requirements to development and QA teams
- In-depth knowledge on mobile networks, especially on 3GPP LTE 4G and 5G standards in RAN and the interface between radio network and core network. Additional knowledge of the core network standards is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of reliability analysis
- Deep knowledge of RF, digital and mechanical design and verification
- In-depth knowledge of beamforming, beamforming calibration and antenna design and technologies
- Familiarity with electronics, PWB and mechanical components supplier base and supply chain
- Deep knowledge on cost efficient manufacturing methodologies and technologies
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills
- Curiosity to continuosly learn and innovate
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills for a variety of audiences including executives, partners, and customers.
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new technologies and concepts.
- MS Degree in EE or CS.
- At least 10+ years’ experience in telecommunication industry in design and systems engineering roles
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you require any assistance, please state in your application or contact your recruiter.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status.