About the job
Java Software Developer for Digital Payments ( Associate - Hybrid Working )
As a Software Developer you will be part of a global team building and delivering innovative solutions for payments across digital marketplaces. This product sits in JPMC Payments Technology which processes trillions of dollars a day and settles some of the most critical global financial transactions. Within Payments Technology you will join the Business to Consumer Marketplaces Team, a thought leader in innovative banking solutions for small businesses, marketplaces and gig economies. We value problem solvers, creative innovators, and analytical thinkers with a bias for action and experimentation. When you join us, you join a global team of inspiring and curious technologists at the forefront of payments technology.
- Practical software development experience including, but not limited to, mature design, coding, testing, and debugging skills
- Development Experience with Java Spring Boot in designing and developing distributed systems and delivering end to end solutions
- Experience using UI technologies such as ReactJS and AngularJS
- Experience in design and developing microservices based on Domain Driven Design
- Experience with the following development and build tools (or similar): IntelliJ/Eclipse, Jira, Jenkins, Maven, BitBucket/Git/Gitflow, JMeter/Pasta/Blazemeter, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrates initiative
- Is able to work individually with business partners, senior architects and managers to design application roadmaps
- Influence teams with design strategies, right tool adoption and practices for Java development and Agile adoption.
- High level of personal responsibility and ownership from inception through to implementation
- Experience working in Application Development, Quality and Automation teams bringing innovative solutions and problem-solving
- Ability to work proficiently and effectively in an Agile environment with globally distributed teams
Good To Have Skills
- Working knowledge in Public Cloud Environments including Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Cloud Computing Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience designing and developing applications for the Cloud; preferably with Cloud Foundry
- Experience with Distributed Tracing tools, frameworks, and concepts
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and tools
- Experience in ADFS, X.509, Apache Kafka, Cassandra or NoSQL, Domain Driven Design
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.